Skip to main content

Chalkin' Up a Frame

Another one of our weekend travels brought us a little further south in VA.  A few weeks ago, Kerry's brother was married. His brother and now wife asked us to help take photos of their wedding.  I like taking photos.  I am very far away from being a great photographer, but I like to try.  I just need more practice.  So I took this as an opportunity to practice and to test out some props that I had seen in other wedding photos - chalkboards.  Chalkboards are so popular now. I see them in paint form, frames, and labels.  I figured I could incorporate one into their photos.

I stopped over at my favorite craft store, Michaels's, and purchased an off-white frame and self-stick chalkboard sheets:


All I did was peel apart the back of the chalkboard adhesive and stick it to the matte of the frame.


Then I taped it to the back of the matte just to secure it.


And that was it ! Nice and easy framed chalkboard.  No painting necessary and it was pretty cheap.  I believe it was under $6 for the whole project.  And I still have three more chalkboard adhesives to use for some other future project.


I used it with Kerry's beautiful nieces:


And with his brother and his wife:


                                                 Congrats to Kerry's brother and his new wife !

How do you fancy up your photos?

Now you can Do It Yourself Too !

~Stephanie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tisket. A Tasket. A Wall Full of Baskets

Soo...after my new found obsession with Pinterest started, I came across this wonderful idea for small bathroom storage . Our upstairs "guest" bathroom doesn't have a lot of storage space, our sink is narrow with little cabinet space, and I'm not very in to the shelf/cabinet over the toilet idea.  So I was thrilled when I saw this picture.  I love baskets because they are a versatile way to store anything and they look good doing it.  I was also excited because the current towel bar over the toilet was not centered, which really bothered me, so now I had an excuse to take it down.   For the project: Tools Needed: Screw Driver Drill Putty knife (if needed) Paint roller (if needed) Paint tray (if needed) Level Measuring tape Pencil Materials Needed:   Towel Bars Baskets Something to attach baskets to bar - I used craft ribbon Spackling (if needed) Sand paper (if needed) Self-adhesive drywall joint tape (if needed) Primer and P

Fallin' For Tulle Wreaths

Pinterest is at it again.  While browsing Pinterest during my daily hourly look through, I found this pretty fall wreath : Since it is on Etsy, I started to look for an online tutorial on how to make a tulle wreath.  I've never seen one before, so I wasn't sure where to start.  Google makes searching for things so easy and I quickly found this  tutorial.  It was very helpful. I got most of my materials at a store called WOW Outlets in Pennsylvania while visiting my family (yes, another trip to PA).  The foam ring is 11" .  I originally started with a 12" ring, but felt it was too big.  I had almost the whole wreath covered with tulle, didn't like it, and took it apart for the smaller ring. I got some of the tulle at the same store, some at the $1.00 section in JoAnn's, and had some cut from a bolt at JoAnn's.  I also purchased some gold ribbon as well. The flower, leaves, and scarecrow are all from fall decorations I had lying around the ho

Spring Hanging Towels

I just wanted to share what I started over Easter break and finished yesterday in between church, hunting for Easter baskets, and eating tons of food.  My Gram's birthday and my godmother's birthday is in April, so I told them I'd make an Easter hanging towel for them.  I had four towels, so I was able to make 8 all together.  Only five are shown: Since I last made the shamrock one, I did find out that I can make a buttonhole with my sewing machine.  However, I can't find the manual so I still don't know how to use it.  So I'm still sewing snaps on the towels like I did  here .  I did figure out that I can sew the button on at the same time as the snap, so that made it MUCH easier than the first time I did it.  I actually like the snaps and will probably keep with it even if when I do figure out how to use it. I gave all of them away as gifts, except for one.  I think they turned out just springy :) I hope that you all had a blessed Easter !