Last year when my paternal Grandma downsized, this lovely pedestal came into my possession. It's a nice size, but in need of a slight makeover. I started off by unscrewing the legs and taking off the fabric. The bottom was glued, so I had to do some prying and ripping, but it eventually came off. The stuffing was interesting - not really a pillow or a foam pad...it was sort of like a square of "stuff". I'm not really sure what this "stuff" was, but it was soft and it didn't smell so I didn't replace it. I flipped over the pedestal on top of the new fabric and cut about 3 1/2 inches past the edge of the pedestal so that there was enough fabric to staple to the back. I also cut a piece of white fabric that I had laying around to hold the "stuffing" in place. I stapled that first to make sure everything stayed in place. Next it was time to put the new fabric into place. I folded up two sides and stapled those.